The SCL(Gulf) Debates
Debate 1: This house believes that notice provisions in standard form contracts are not fit for purpose.
• Richard Harding QC, Keating Chambers
• Charlotte Bijlani, Partner, WFW
• Kirsten O’Connell, Partner, Allen & Overy
• Nick Tolley, Senior Associate, Pinsent Masons,
Debate 2: This house believes that the involvement of lawyers in construction claims promotes disputes.
• Omar Al Saadoon, A/General Counsel Legal - ADNOC Offshore
• Benjamin Highfield, Partner, HKA
• Marion Smith QC, 39 Essex Chambers
• Sean Yates, General Counsel, China State Construction Middle East
Chaired by Kim Rosenberg, Partner, Freshfields
Sheikh Zayed Road
United Arab Emirates